Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Scale Figure Drawing Exercise

In Class we did an exercise in drawing people in scale.  We were timed and only given 5 minutes for each sketch.  Most of the drawings are supposed to be contour drawings.  We were given a different scale to use for each group of people.  This really challenged me in drawing groups proportionately, especially since most of my figure drawings have looked like muscle men or spaghetti figures.

I chose this example because it captured the energy of the poses the individuals chose.  This was also the first drawing that I did where I was able to capture the individuals at the proper scale and the proper scale within the group. 

I chose this example because it showed depth of the grouping of people without using shadowing.  I feel that there is an energy in the legs of the people.

No comments:

Post a Comment