Saturday, October 9, 2010

Vestige - The mark of the foot left on the earth; a track or footstep; a trace; a sign; A faint mark or visible sign left by something which is lost (wiktionary.org)

My light Phenomenon - shadows that create the appearance of pea gravel
We have been working with powers of 10, so I blew up my image 10 times and rasterized it in black in white to do a value study on the shadows.
This is my final composition.  My Diagramatic model is on the left and lends a playful movement throughout the piece.  I chose the title Vestige because it related directly to the gravel and the light or absence of light that creates the shadows.

This is a close up of my diagramatic model.  Paper of different color and texture has been layered to create shadows like in the pea gravel.  Pins go into the lighter pieces and also come out showing how the light is reflecting back to you.  In the foreground you will see light going in, but not out.  representing how the shadows are formed.

No comments:

Post a Comment